Dock & Boat House Construction
Boat Names & Graphics
Dock & Boat House Construction
Boat Names & Graphics
Call: 903 819 2236
Friday, 12 November 2010 15:04
Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 February 2012 04:28
Written by Brian Allen
As a boat owner, one of the easiest and most satisfying feelings has got to come at the end of the week when you step on the dock and board your just cleaned boat. Just show up, load the gear, start the engine, and hit the water to spend the weekend with friends and family. You don’t have to get to the boat hours early to clean up the previous week’s mess. While you or just about anyone else can wash a boat, it’s the time that really matters, So don’t waste yours! Allow Yachtdocs to make your day at the lake a day to relax. Yacht Docs has low set rates for regular scheduled detailing programs based on the frequency of service, simply choose which best suites your needs. We offer weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, and on-call scheduling which includes all of the following:
Wash & Scrub
– Using a soft bristle brush and a marine gel soap (it is very important to use a marine soap, as most others contain harsh chemicals that will strip the wax) we wash and scrub all exterior surfaces from the rub rail up to remove any dirt, pollen, and spider droppings.
Dry all surfaces with Clean towels
– It sounds quite trivial, however a lot of other boat washers simply wash, rinse, and walk away. You may have been better off not getting the boat washed at all as now those water droplets left to air dry will leave dried calcium deposits which can be very difficult to remove. Yachtdocs hand drys every boat with clean 100% cotton terry cloth and micro fiber towels.
Wipe down the Stainless & Glass
– After hand drying we use a ammonia free foaming glass cleaner to clean all glass and Stainless railing and frames. * If you or your current service provider is using a product with ammonia (Windex), STOP IMMEDIATELY!!!. Although these are great around the house, there are numerous surfaces and substrates on a boat, which can be harmed. Ammonia has the ability to etch, scratch, cut into softer surfaces such as wood furniture, eisenglass and strataglass, and even discolor canvas over time.
Non Skid Surfaces
– Well maintained non skid can be cleaned no different than the smooth gelcoat finish on any other surface of the vessel, however it often times requires a stiff bristled brush for the best result. We access each boat, as there are numerous different types of nonskid, and use the proper brush for each.
Aft Deck & Cock Pit
– Included in the standard wash, we will wipe down all surfaces in the Cockpit and Aft Deck area, this includes fiberglass, sinks, compartments, dust around the Helm, Glass, Vacuum or Sweep the carpet, underneath seat cushions, and canvas. The same rules apply here as they do on the exterior surfaces.
Storage Hatches, Compartments, and Cushions
– How annoying is it to walk around with your head held high with pride over an immaculate boat, only to open up a the bow hatch to find 3 months of mold, mildew, and dirt? Storage Hatches, Compartments, and Cushions are definitely the most forgotten, least thought about areas on a boat to be cleaned. Every Yachtdocs boat washing includes lifting all storage hatches, cleaning the bottom of the hatch door, hatch seals, gutters, and underneath bow cushions.
– A growing number of our customers have a dock build out in their slip which may include a dock box, out door kitchen, furniture, grills, among a variety of other lake essentials. Yacht Doc’s Includes in our scheduled detailing program, we towel off these areas and knock down spider webs as the Dock appearance should match the Yacht appearance.
- In addition to the cleaning of the boat we can also provide these regular scheduled services, a thorough inspection of the overall condition of the boat is noted and turned in daily by the crews of washers to provide proper oversight and evaluation for both the boat owner as well as Yacht Docs management. Based on the issue, we will either address the need immediately, or you will be notified. Some common issues include frayed dock lines, deflated fenders, unplugged shore power, open cabinets,, items out of place when no one has used the boat and unsnapped canvas covers. While a regular wash program is very thorough, we also can provide a personally tailored premium service that will surpass all expectations. Some examples include treating the Eisenglass and Strataglass, preparing the boat for use by removing/replacing canvas covers and window coverings, or opening/closing any windows or portholes per your request. We can even launch or replace dinghies for your convenience.
Yacht Docs has set rates for regular scheduled detailing based on the frequency of service. We offer weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, and on-call scheduling. Please feel free to contact our office to create a schedule which best suites your needs.
See More Pictures
Yacht Docs LLC
80879 N. Hwy 289
Pottsboro, TX 75076
Mill Creek Marina
Highport Yacht Sales
Grandpappy Yacht Sales
Pier 121 Yacht Club
Lake Pirate Forums
Texoma Premier Properties